Selection to OCES/DGFS is a two-step process: Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interview of the short-listed candidates.
1) Screening for the Engineering disciplines is based on two alternative methods:
(a) On the basis of GATE Score: Candidates can apply directly on the basis of their GATE scores. Cut-off GATE Score for short-listing candidates for interview will be declared around April 5, 2013 on this website.
(b) On the basis of Online Exam: Online Exam will be conducted during the last week of April 2013. Candidates who do not opt for screening through GATE score or who do not qualify on the basis of GATE Score may take the Online Exam. Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in it.
- At the time of application, candidates can choose any one or both of the above screening options.
- Screening for Civil Engineering candidates would be solely on the basis of GATE score, and for such candidates the option of Online Exam is NOT available.
- The candidates who have opted for screening through only Online Exam should book an examination slot of their preference by visiting the website. Examination slot booking will be open during second week of April 2013. Examination slots will be allocated on first come first serve basis.
- The candidates who have opted for screening through only GATE score are not permitted to book the examination slots for Online Exam.
- The candidates who have opted for screening through both GATE score and Online Exam but not qualified on the basis of GATE score should book an examination slot of their preference by visiting the website.
2) Selection Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be conducted in BARC Training School, Mumbai. Outstation applicants will be paid two-way second-class sleeper train fare by shortest route or actual fare whichever is less. Probable period of Selection Interviews is during May-June, 2013. Short-listed candidates in Engineering disciplines, qualified on the basis of a valid GATE score will be able to choose an interview slot based on availability from April 6, 2013 onwards where as shortlisted Engineering candidates qualified on the basis of Online Exam will be able to choose an interview slot based on availability from April 16, 2013 onwards. Candidates are suggested to visit this website regularly for updates regarding this.
Final Selection is solely on the basis of performance in Selection Interview subject to medical fitness.